The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 22 in the Jack Reacher series.
- #1: Reacher: Killing Floor (Movie Tie-In) (Jack Reacher #1) (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Running Blind (Jack Reacher #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5) (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Persuader: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Enemy: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Jack Reacher: One Shot: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Hard Way: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Bad Luck and Trouble: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Nothing to Lose: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Gone Tomorrow: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: 61 Hours: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Worth Dying For: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: The Affair: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: A Wanted Man (with bonus short story Not a Drill): A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #18: Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Movie Tie-in Edition): A Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #19: Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Make Me (with bonus short story Small Wars): A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: No Middle Name: The Complete Collected Jack Reacher Short Stories (Hardcover): $27.00
- #23: Past Tense: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #24: Blue Moon: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #25: The Sentinel: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #26: Better Off Dead: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #27: No Plan B: A Jack Reacher Novel (CD-Audio): $45.00
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • THE BLOCKBUSTER JACK REACHER SERIES THAT INSPIRED TWO MAJOR MOTION PICTURES AND THE STREAMING SERIES REACHER
“A perfect example of Lee Child’s talent . . . This is not just a good story; it is a story with a purpose and a message.”—Huffington Post
Reacher takes a stroll through a small Wisconsin town and sees a class ring in a pawn shop window: West Point 2005. A tough year to graduate: Iraq, then Afghanistan. The ring is tiny, for a woman, and it has her initials engraved on the inside. Reacher wonders what unlucky circumstance made her give up something she earned over four hard years. He decides to find out. And find the woman. And return her ring. Why not?
So begins a harrowing journey that takes Reacher through the upper Midwest, from a lowlife bar on the sad side of small town to a dirt-blown crossroads in the middle of nowhere, encountering bikers, cops, crooks, muscle, and a missing persons PI who wears a suit and a tie in the Wyoming wilderness.
The deeper Reacher digs, and the more he learns, the more dangerous the terrain becomes. Turns out the ring was just a small link in a far darker chain. Powerful forces are guarding a vast criminal enterprise. Some lines should never be crossed. But then, neither should Reacher.
About the Author
Lee Child is the author of twenty-two New York Times bestselling Jack Reacher thrillers, thirteen of which have having reached the #1 position, and the complete Jack Reacher story collection, No Middle Name. All his novels have been optioned for major motion pictures—including Jack Reacher (based on One Shot) and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Foreign rights in the Reacher series have sold in one hundred territories. A native of England and a former television director, Child lives in New York City.
“Each year Lee Child comes up with another Reacher. Each year I lap it up. Love it . . . Here, there is something subversive as well as page-turning. . . . I don’t know another author so skilled at making me turn the page, at putting me in the thick of it all.”—The Times
“Reacher is the purest distillation of the white knight in contemporary mystery fiction. This novel is a tightly plotted ride with characters who will break your heart and linger after you close the book.”—Mystery Scene
“Reacher [is] one of the most alluring and popular characters in contemporary fiction. . . . As always in a Child novel, pace is fast, twists and turns surprise, characters are well-developed, dialogue is exactly right, and the plot is very plausible. . . . Highly entertaining . . . This one is among the best [in the series]. It doesn’t matter in what order you read them since each stands entirely on its own.”—The Washington Times
“A timely, affecting, suspenseful and morally complex thriller. . . . One of the best thrillers I’ve read this year.”—The Washington Post
“Jack Reacher has become arguably the most iconic fictional hero we have.”—Men’s Health
“Compelling and moving . . . bold and mysterious.”—Associated Press
“This, Child’s twenty-second book in the series, has heart to spare, and it proves the franchise has plenty of gas left in its tank.”—Minneapolis Star-Tribune
“Compulsively readable.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“[A] multifaceted novel about dealing with the unthinkable . . . It’s automatic: Reacher gets off a bus, and Child lands on the New York Times bestseller list.”—Booklist
“The book is very smart . . . [and] suggests something that has not been visible in the series’ previous entries: a creeping sadness in Reacher’s wanderings that, set here among the vast and empty landscapes of Wyoming, resembles the peculiarly solitary loneliness of the classic American hero. This return to form is also a hint of new ground to be covered.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Child does a stellar job this time by not following his customary formula; his usually stoic hero who rarely displays softness and compassion is hit hard emotionally by this case.”’—Library Journal (starred review)