The Watchmaker's Hand (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #16) (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Lincoln Rhyme Novel series.
- #1: The Bone Collector (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: The Coffin Dancer: A Novel (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #2) (Paperback): $18.00
- #3: The Empty Chair (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Stone Monkey: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: The Vanished Man: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: The Twelfth Card: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Cold Moon (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: The Broken Window (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #8) (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: The Burning Wire (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: The Kill Room Lib/E: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Lincoln Rhyme Novels #10) (Compact Disc): $89.99
- #11: The Kill Room (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #11) (Large Print / Hardcover): $54.00
- #12: The Skin Collector (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #12) (Large Print / Hardcover): $51.00
- #13: The Steel Kiss (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #13) (Large Print / Hardcover): $52.00
- #14: The Burial Hour (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #14) (Large Print / Hardcover): $54.00
- #15: The Midnight Lock (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #15) (Paperback): $9.99
The "most clever plotter on the planet"(Publishers Weekly) Jeffery Deaver returns in this twisty new thriller, as forensic criminalist Lincoln Rhyme and detective Amelia Sachs track a criminal with a bizarre and catastrophic m.o.—toppling the construction cranes in New York City.
When a New York City construction crane mysteriously collapses, causing mass destruction and injury, Rhyme and Sachs are on the case. A political group claims responsibility for the sabotage and threatens another attack in twenty-four hours, unless its demands are met. The clock is ticking.
Then a clue reveals to Rhyme that his nemesis, known as the Watchmaker, has come to town to fulfill his promise of murdering the criminalist. Now Rhyme and Sachs have to dodge his brilliant scheme to destroy them both, while racing against time to stop the construction site terrorists.
With New York in a panic, Rhyme and his team must unravel a handful of plots as tightly wound as a timepiece—before more cranes fall, raining down death and destruction from above.
About the Author
Jeffery Deaver is the #1 international bestselling and award-winning author of more than forty novels, ninety short stories, and a nonfiction law book. His books are sold in 150 countries and translated into twenty-five languages. A former journalist, folk singer, and attorney, he was born outside of Chicago and has a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a law degree from Fordham University.
A CBS New York Book Club Top 3 FicPick
"One would be hard-pressed to name a better writer of beat-the-clock thrillers than Jeffery Deaver. . . . The Watchmaker’s Hand, his latest novel featuring the quadriplegic New York City criminalist Lincoln Rhyme, turns urban strife into a tense tick-tock narrative. . . . Mr. Deaver’s book is an ingenious mechanism, designed to make the risks seem ever more real even as it increases the velocity of the pages being turned." —The Wall Street Journal
"The Rhyme novels are remarkably consistent: the writing is superb, the characters intriguing, the stories spellbinding, and the plot twists shocking. Fans of Deaver's long-running series will want to read this one as soon as they can. Expect high demand." —Booklist
"The Watchmaker’s Hand is engineered with typical Deaver precision. The plot barrels along with numerous unexpected twists and turns. I loved it!" —Kathy Reichs, author of the Temperance Brennan Bones series.
"Jeffery Deaver is a master storyteller. His characters and plotting are second to none. One of the true giants of the genre." —Steve Cavanagh, author of Thirteen
"Deaver masterfully delivers another pulse-pounding Lincoln Rhyme thriller that takes you on a frenzied ride through a New York City teetering on the edge of chaos. Deaver's exquisite plotting and meticulous research shine, constructing a web of political intrigue that ensnares Rhyme in a deadly race against time. The shadowy Watchmaker adds a layer of psychological dread. . . . This is a high-octane, nail-biter of a read that solidifies Deaver's standing as the virtuoso of the modern crime thriller." —Mark Dawson, author of The Cleaner