Judy Moody Was in a Mood (Prebound)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Judy Moody series.
- #2: Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Judy Moody Saves the World! (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Judy Moody and Stink: The Wishbone Wish (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is in! (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Judy Moody Declares Independence (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Judy Moody: Around the World in 8 1/2 Days (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Judy Moody Goes to College (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Judy Moody, Mood Martian (Paperback): $5.99
- #13: Judy Moody and Friends: Judy Moody and the Missing Mood Ring (Hardcover): $14.99
- #14: Judy Moody and Friends: Izzy Azumi, F.D.O. (Future Dog Owner) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #15: Judy Moody, Book Quiz Whiz (Paperback): $5.99
- #16: Judy Moody: In a Monday Mood (MP3 CD): $14.99
The mercurial Judy Moody will delight any kid who's known a bad mood or a bad day--and managed to laugh anyway.
"Judy Moody was in a mood. Not a good mood. A bad mood. A mad-faced mood." To start, Judy Moody doesn't have high hopes for third grade. Her new desk won't have an armadillo sticker with her name on it. Her new classroom will not have a porcupine named Roger. And with her luck, she'll get stuck sitting in the first row, where Mr. Todd will notice every time she tries to pass a note to her best friend, Rocky. An aspiring doctor, Judy does have a little brother who comes in handy for practicing medicine, a cool new pet, and a huge Band-Aid collection. Judy also has an abundance of individuality and attitude, and when Mr. Todd assigns a very special class project, she really gets a chance to express herself Megan McDonald's spirited text and Peter Reynolds's wry illustrations combine in a feisty, funny first chapter book for every kid who has ever felt a little out of sorts.
About the Author
Megan McDonald grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with four older sisters, and she says that most of the stories in Judy Moody "grew out of anecdotes about growing up with them." In fact, she made Judy the oldest sister because she "wanted to see what it's like to be in charge!" Megan McDonald is the author of numerous children's books and lives with her husband in Sebastopol, California. Peter Reynolds is an award-winning animator, artist, author, Web site creator, and educator. Peter says he felt an immediate connection to Judy Moody because, "having an 11-year-old daughter, I have witnessed firsthand the adventures of a very independent-minded girl." Peter Reynolds lives in Dedham, Massachusetts.