Sunny Makes Her Case: A Graphic Novel (Sunny #5) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
The New York Times bestselling SUNNY series continues as Sunny finds herself in the spotlight in a competition unlike any other...
Sunny is starting to understand the ins and outs of middle school... but she still feels more out than in. It's about classes or homework, really. No, it's the fact that most kids have a thing they do outside of class. Like football or track or cheerleading. Sunny isn't quarterback material, and her cheer attempts are... not the best. So what can she do?
When Sunny's friend Arun says he wants to start a debate club, she's not really sure what he means. Isn't debate just... arguing? Sunny's never had a problem with arguing. Arun and the advisor show her there's more to it than that -- there's also teamwork, and research, and being able to speak up in front of judges. Some of the debates are fun ones -- which is the best candy? Is peanut butter a force for evil or a force for good? But when the debate club starts to be a success, Sunny realizes she won't just be able to talk her way into winning... she'll have to make her case!
About the Author
Jennifer L. Holm is the New York Times bestselling and three-time Newbery Honor-winning author of multiple novels for young readers. With her brother Matthew, Jennifer created the graphic novel series Babymouse and Squish. She lives in California.
Matthew Holm was born and raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and has been drawing comics since he was in middle school. With his sister, Jennifer, Matthew created the graphic novel series Babymouse and Squish. He lives in upstate New York.
Praise for Sunny Rolls the Dice:
A New York Times bestseller!
2020 Maverick Graphic Novel Reading List
* "A sweet, funny, and silly story with a serious message at its core: stop trying so hard to be cool, and just have fun being yourself." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "The dice are rolling readers' way in this third outing." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Praise for Sunny Side Up:
"Heartbreaking and hopeful, Sunny Side Up is just the thing to chase away the clouds." --Raina Telgemeier, creator of Smile and Sisters
* "A humorous yet emotional story with a memorable protagonist and detailed full-color art that make this a perfect choice for fans of Raina Telgemeier." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "The Holms tell this poignant, multi-threaded story with great warmth and humor, and exquisite comic timing." -- Shelf Awareness for Readers, starred review
Praise for Swing It, Sunny:
* "Fans of Sunny Side Up will adore this sequel, which provides enough background for new readers to jump right in." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "Poignant and hilarious in turn and emotionally rich throughout. Another radiant outing." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review