The Hearing (Dismas Hardy #7) (Compact Disc)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Dismas Hardy series.
- #1: Dead Irish (Dismas Hardy #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Vig (Dismas Hardy #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Hard Evidence (Dismas Hardy #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Mercy Rule (Dismas Hardy #5) (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #6: Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Oath (Dismas Hardy #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The First Law (Dismas Hardy #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Betrayal (Dismas Hardy #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: A Plague of Secrets (Dismas Hardy #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #14) (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: The Keeper: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #15) (Paperback): $19.99
- #16: The Fall: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #16) (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Poison: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #17) (Paperback): $17.99
- #18: The Rule of Law: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #18) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #19: The Missing Piece: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #19) (Paperback): $17.00
The powerful story of a father's love, a city's retribution, and a lawyer's hunt for elusive justice
The call comes at midnight. It looks like a tragic and petty murder--a rising star in San Francisco's legal firmament found shot in a dark alley. But for homicide lieutenant Abe Glitsky, the crime cuts horribly close to home--unknown to anyone, the victim was his daughter. Seething, Glitsky leans hard on his only suspect--a homeless heroin addict found lingering over his daughter's body, with her jewelry in his pocket and a smoking gun in his hand.
The city's embattled, ambitious D.A. Sharron Pratt sees an opportunity to revive her troubled administration by publicly declaring war on the killer and vowing to deliver a death penalty, putting the case on the fast track to certain conviction. Unable to watch a man die for Pratt's political gain, Dismas Hardy warily takes on the defense. But as Hardy's crusade to secure his client a fair hearing ensues, a lethal web of political corruption, legal conspiracy, and cold-blooded murder begins to unravel. In a case that will send shock waves through San Francisco and echo in the private lives of its most prominent citizens, the hearing is just the beginning.