The Burning Wire (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #9) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Lincoln Rhyme Novel series.
- #1: The Bone Collector (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: The Coffin Dancer: A Novel (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #2) (Paperback): $18.00
- #3: The Empty Chair (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Stone Monkey: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: The Vanished Man: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: The Twelfth Card: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Cold Moon (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: The Broken Window (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #8) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: The Kill Room Lib/E: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Lincoln Rhyme Novels #10) (Compact Disc): $89.99
- #11: The Kill Room (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #11) (Large Print / Hardcover): $42.00
- #12: The Skin Collector (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #12) (Large Print / Hardcover): $40.00
- #13: The Steel Kiss (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #13) (Large Print / Hardcover): $41.00
- #14: The Burial Hour (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel #14) (Large Print / Hardcover): $42.00
- #15: The Midnight Lock (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: The Watchmaker's Hand (Lincoln Rhyme Novel #16) (Hardcover): $29.00
June 2010 Indie Next List
“In this latest novel featuring the quadriplegic criminologist hero and his amazing support team, they find themselves faced with tracking down a high tech villain whose agenda is murder, by means of high voltage electricity that can melt steel, electrocute his victims or set them afire. A taut psychological thriller from a masterful crime writer, proving Deaver just gets better with each new novel.”
— Carol Hicks, Bookshelf At Hooligan Rocks, Truckee, CA
SOON TO BE A MAJOR TELEVISION EVENT FROM NBC, STARRING RUSSELL HORNSBY, ARIELLE KEBBEL, AND MICHAEL IMPERIOLI.
From New York Times bestselling author Jeffery Deaver—Lincoln Rhyme is back, and on the trail of a killer whose weapon of choice cripples New York City with fear.
The weapon is invisible and omnipresent. Without it, modern society grinds to a halt. It is electricity. The killer harnesses and steers huge arc flashes with voltage so high and heat so searing that steel melts and his victims are set afire.
When the first explosion occurs in broad daylight, reducing a city bus to a pile of molten metal, officials fear terrorism. Rhyme, a world-class forensic criminologist known for his successful apprehension of the most devious criminals, is immediately tapped for the investigation. Long a quadriplegic, he assembles NYPD detective Amelia Sachs and officer Ron Pulaski as his eyes, ears and legs on crime sites, and FBI agent Fred Dellray as his undercover man on the street. As the attacks continue across the city at a sickening pace, and terrifying demand letters begin appearing, the team works desperately against time and with maddeningly little forensic evidence to try to find the killer. Or is it killers…?
Meanwhile, Rhyme is consulting on another high-profile investigation in Mexico with a most coveted quarry in his crosshairs: the hired killer known as the Watchmaker, one of the few criminals to have eluded Rhyme’s net.
Juggling two massive investigations against a cruel ticking clock takes a toll on Rhyme’s health. Soon Rhyme is fighting on yet another front—and his determination to work despite his physical limitations threatens to drive away his closest allies when he needs them most…
About the Author
Jeffery Deaver is the #1 internationally bestselling author of forty-four novels, three collections of short stories, and a nonfiction law book. His books are sold in 150 countries and translated into twenty-five languages. His first novel featuring Lincoln Rhyme, The Bone Collector, was made into a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie and a hit television series on NBC. He’s received or been shortlisted for a number of awards around the world, including Novel of the Year by the International Thriller Writers and the Steel Dagger from the Crime Writers’ Association in the United Kingdom. In 2014, he was the recipient of three lifetime achievement awards. He has been named a Grand Master by Mystery Writers of America.